The site will be fine-tuned over the next few days, but, for now, just logon and get to posting! It’s okay to play around with the interface. Most page elements are clickable; you cannot break anything; and you can always return to the front page by clicking the site title at the top of the page.
There are three technical things to know to get started:
1. First, you need to register. There are instructions for registration in your email. If you have lost them, let me know.
2. To begin a new post, click “Write a new post,” which is the front page, on the sidebar towards the bottom. (It will only appear after you are logged in.) On the page that opens, select “Write.” You can also write and not post, by clicking “Save,” which is next to the box where you write your post. Whatever you write and save will not be published until you click “Publish.”
3. After you write your post, and before you hit “Publish,” please select tags for your post. You will find the category list under the writing box. Select the name of the text you are writing about, or to which your post is relevant. By doing this, we can simply click a name of a book on the front page, and every post relevant to yours will appear. If you don’t see a proper category, add it.
4. Also add tags to your post. Tags are simply keywords for what you are discussing in your post. These are yours to make up!
Yay! Oh! and also…
5. Whenever you are beginning a new point, please begin a new post. Only use “Comment” to comment on an existing post. You can always link back the other person’s post in your own post.
You can use the comments feature to ask questions about getting started on this site.